Tim & Ericka
Oasis Los Pastos
What we offer
Situated high upon the side of the Volcano Poas, the Costa Rica Oasis is located just above the town of Grecia. On a clear and sunny day we have a spectacular view of almost the entire Central Valley. We are blessed to see God’s creation in the gorgeous mountainside, colorful flowers, green trees, singing birds, fluttering butterflies and hovering hummingbirds.
As you see from our pictures, we provide a separate “casita” for your stay. Our quiet, large garden area provides rest and relaxation as you sleep, read, pray, mediate, and write, overlooking a beautiful panorama of forest and mountains. We are available during your stay to listen, pray and coach you through areas of your life. Life Impact operates under a confidentiality agreement with our guests, so what is shared at the Oasis, stays at the Oasis.
Here are some other ways we may strengthen you during your stay at the Oasis, based on the location, who we are, our past experience:
Solitude/Self-guided Retreats (Matthew 11:28-29)
• Quiet time to experience the presence of God
• Sabbath rest for the renewal and refreshment of your marriage and ministry
• Opportunity to be inspired by God in your personal walk, ministry, calling, etc.
R&R Retreats (Psalm 91:1)
• Time to relax and unwind in a quiet environment
• Refreshment from hikes in the area
• Certified CSAI Coaching– Empowering People to Adjust and Excel Abroad
• How am I adapting to this culture and my ministry?
• Assess personal, social and intercultural competencies and stressors
• Assessment and 1 hour coaching: $79
Revitalize Your Marriage (Psalm 139:33,34)
• Uninterrupted time with your spouse
• FamilyLife’s, The Art of Marriage, can enrich your time together. Minimum 2 night stay. $35 includes video sessions and worksheets.
• Developing Leadership Skills
• With his 5+ years of management experience, Tim will coach you to help refine your leadership and team building skills.
• Crucial for a healthy re-entry, this retreat is designed for those who have fully engaged with another culture for at least 1 year.
• We provide a safe and confidential space and opportunity to reflect on your personal missions experience and gain perspective for your future.
• This is a 5 day / 4 night retreat with an additional cost of $90 for daily content processing sessions and materials.
Your Costa Rica Oasis Retreat
We want to provide you a unique place for rest and renewal. Our hope is that by providing an OASIS in the midst of God’s beauty and creation, you will draw closer to Him and gain a fresh call and vision for your ministry. At the Costa Rica Oasis, we have several ways we can serve you. You may refer to the “Strengthening You” section for retreat options. Which option will best meet your needs?
The Casita / Guest Quarters
The private casita is a 2 bedroom, one bath house nestled in the lush grounds. The master bedroom offers a queen sized bed and has direct access to a private patio overlooking the garden. The second bedroom is furnished with a full sized bed and a twin size bunk bed. There is a spacious bathroom with hot water shower. Linens and towels are provided. The kitchen and comfortable living room also gives treetop views and exits to the private outdoor patio.
Grecia, Costa Rica
“Tim and Ericka came into our lives via a ‘chance’ meeting with our regional director. He referred us to them for coaching via skype since we lived in Ecuador at the time. What a blessing! God used them via their appropriate questions, listening ears, and attentive spirits to help us process a lot of things. They also represented us to our mission when we didn’t have the emotional where-with-all to represent ourselves. Having someone safe, ‘outside of our sphere of work/mission,’ take a look into our lives helped us gain much clarity to our situation. They stayed in touch, even after we didn’t have regular coaching sessions….that meant so much. Thanks is not a big enough word for your help to us, Tim and Ericka!”
~ missionaries serving 20+ years in Ecuador
“At times we feel we live in such a spiritually dark place. We know the only way hearts can change from hopelessness, apathy and despair to the love and freedom found in Christ is by the awesome power of God’s Spirit. So, we were really looking forward to this special week of concentrated prayer. They served us well by asking about our lives and listening with open hearts. They blessed us through their own transparency, honesty and willingness to share their own stories. Through their commitment to serve, God gave us a sweet surprise. We especially thank our Lord for the big dose of refreshment and we look forward to how we may partner again in the future to the glory of His Kingdom.”
~ 2nd term church planter“
They proved to be a real encouragement, boost and support to us and the work. They were very refreshing, and we really enjoyed the fellowship we shared together.”
~ Team leader, serving 10+ years
“We enjoyed the prayer time with Tim and Ericka. We felt like they had “special insights” in our hearts and minds and interceded effectively.”
~ missionary couple to Eastern Europe